Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I dry-fasted for 24 hours, and stopped it with a huge glass of orange/strawberry juice. I had hoped to go a bit longer, but I have to take Jonathan to the gym today and do some things, so that's okay too.
I am so grateful that I have learned at a young age about the importance of taking control of our own health and not putting much stock in allopathic medicine. I have a close friend who is in the ICU at a local hospital and nearly unconscious right now, in part due to mistaken diagnoses and mistakes made by hospital staff. I feel so bad for her and her boyfriend, for whom she was caring, as he was quite ill. But now he must attend to her, even though he needs to be resting and taking care of himself. Sometimes you just wish you could wave a magic wand and help people. Well, in truth, we can help a lot: in this case I turned to a distant healing group and asked them for help for both of my friends.
Today I will drink a little more juice, and go for a long walk while Jonathan's at the gym. Tonight I'll do yoga. I canceled my music practice today; didn't feel like a priority right now.

No comments: