Wednesday, May 27, 2009


I'm so grateful, on the one hand, for the gifts of nutritional and metaphysical knowledge that have been handed to me, allowing me to sustain my health and wellbeing without recourse to doctors, medicine and medical procedures. I'm feeling pretty sad, on the other hand, because a very close friend of mine is fighting for her life right now, in part due to errors made by hospital staff. She's in surgery to have a stent put in some duct in her gut, in hopes that an infection that's raging in her body will exit (??)... no, I don't get it either, but that's what they're doing to her. She's been unable to speak or open her eyes now for a couple of weeks, and is on a respirator and feeding tube. She put me on a list of people who are allowed to get updates from her boyfriend about her condition, and also visit, but she's too sick to receive visitors. She's an extremely psychic and receeptive individual, so as my thoughts have been with her this week, Jonathan and I have both 'felt' her presence here in the house with us, even though her body lies inert in the hospital. Lights are flickering and burning out, electronics are glitching and burning out, and there is just this strong feeling of connection.
I have two healing groups-- both of which do 'distant' spiritual healing-- helping her. Jonathan lights candles every night and we meditate. When your loved ones are in the clutches of the medical labyrinth, it's a little hard to let go of material considerations and 'what ifs,' and just lift your consciousness beyond words and thoughts (and worries). But that's what I have to do, because the very thought of hospitals and surgical procedures fills takes me to a pretty dark place.

No comments: